Welcome to One Epos!
Other Applicable Terms
– Our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about the cookies on the Website; and
– Our Terms & Conditions (General Terms and Conditions of Trading with One Epos) will apply to any services provided by us to you.
Subscription to One Epos Product
During the Term and in accordance with this Agreement, Customer may access and use the products which Customer subscribed to, whether by paid subscription, free trial or promotion (each a “Product”), as referenced in the invoice or quote executed by Customer (the “Order Form”). Each Product may include updates, cloud-based and support services, applications or documentation. Each of these are subject to the terms of this Agreement as applicable. Customer is responsible for all actions taken under its One Epos account credentials, regardless of whether such actions are taken by Customer, its employees or a third party. Customer will safeguard all account credentials in its possession or under its control. One Epos is not liable for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of Customer’s account.
Grant of License
During the Term, One Epos grants Customer a limited, nonexclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use, and to permit its employees and all other users who access and use the Products on Customer’s behalf (collectively, the “Users”) to access and use, the Products on the terms set forth in this Agreement. Customer agrees that all rights, title and interest in and to all the intellectual property rights in the Products, and all modifications, extensions, scripts and other derivative works of the Products provided or developed by One Epos, including the Beta Technology, are owned exclusively by One Epos or its licensors. All rights not granted to Customer in this Agreement are reserved by One Epos.
- decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or attempt to reconstruct or discover any source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or programming or interoperability interfaces of the Products, by any means whatsoever;
- distribute viruses or other harmful or malicious computer code via or into the Products;
- engage in any conduct that disrupts or impedes a third party’s use and enjoyment of the Products;
- remove any product identification, copyright or other notices from the Products;
- sell, lease, lend, assign, sublicense, grant access or otherwise transfer or disclose the Products in whole or in part, to any third party;
- use the Products for timesharing, service bureau or hosting purposes or otherwise use, resell, sublicense, distribute or transfer or allow others to use the Products to or for the benefit of third parties;
- modify or incorporate into or with other software or create a derivative work of any part of the Products, unless agreed to in writing by One Epos;
- use the output or other information generated by the Products for any purpose other than as contemplated by this Agreement;
- use the Products for any use other than Customer’s internal business use;
- use unauthorized modified versions of the Products, including without limitation, for the purpose of building a similar or competitive product or service or for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Product;
- use the Products in any way that is contrary to One Epos’s Acceptable Use Policy, located at https://one-epos.co.uk/privacy-policy/, as such policy may change from time to time (the “Acceptable Use Policy”); or
- use the Products in any way that is contrary to applicable local, state/provincial, federal, regional and foreign laws, including without limitation those relating to fiscal laws and VAT regulations, as well as privacy, data protection, electronic communications and anti-spam legislation. One Epos retains all title to, and except as expressly licensed herein, all rights to the Products, all copies, derivatives and improvements thereof, and all related materials.
Term of Agreement
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, the “Initial Term” shall mean the duration identified in the Order Form, beginning on the date identified in the Order Form (the “Subscription Start Date”). If the Subscription Start Date is not explicitly nor implicitly identified in the Order Form, the Subscription Start Date shall be the date Customer executes the initial Order Form, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Some software Products may be made available to Customer on a date prior to the Subscription Start Date identified in the Order Form. If Customer uses such software Products to process taxable business transactions before such identified Subscription Start Date, then the Subscription Start Date will thereby be amended to such earlier date.
- Upon expiration of the Initial Term and unless otherwise stated in the Order Form, this Agreement will automatically renew for a duration equal to the Initial Term (each a “Renewal Term”, the “Current Term” being the Initial Term or the then-current Renewal Term (as the case may be); and the Initial Term and all Renewal Terms collectively, the “Term”) until terminated by Customer or One Epos by delivery of written notice to the other party at least ninety (90) days prior to the end of the Current Term, or such period of notice equal to the Current Term where the Current Term is less than ninety (90) days. If no Order Form has been provided, the minimum period of notice required to be given shall be thirty (30) days. In the case of Products licensed on a trial basis, the Term of this Agreement shall be limited to the duration of the trial period identified in the Order Form. Except as otherwise specified herein, Customer may not terminate this Agreement prior to the expiration of the Term. If Customer is located in the Province of Quebec, Customer expressly waives the application of Sections 2125 and 2129 of the Civil Code of Quebec.
Fees and Payment
- Customer shall pay One Epos the annual and/or monthly fees (“Fees”) specified in the Order Form, in accordance with the timing and currency specified in the Order Form. If no Order Form has been provided, the Fees will be as set out on the websites for the relevant Products. Unless required by applicable law, all payments by Customer to One Epos under this Agreement are non-refundable and made via the payment method specified by Customer in the Order Form, or as otherwise agreed in writing by the parties. Customer shall undertake any additional actions reasonably requested by One Epos to implement any automated Fee payment process. Any amounts past due shall accrue interest at a rate which is the lesser of: one and a half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum rate allowable by law. Any assessment of late fees shall be without prejudice to One Epos’s right to suspend Customer’s access to the Products. Any applicable goods and services or sales taxes will be added to Fees owing pursuant to this Agreement.
- Customer acknowledges and agrees that by executing an Order Form, Customer is obligated to pay all of the Fees identified in (i) the Order Form or website (as applicable), and (ii) this Agreement, for the duration of the Current Term, and that any software subscription discounts or hardware discounts offered to Customer and/or identified on the Order Form are contingent upon the foregoing. Similarly, Customer acknowledges and agrees that, by renewing their subscription, whether implicitly or explicitly, Customer is obligated to pay all of the Fees due under the renewed contract at the then-current prices for the duration of the Renewal Term. Customer further acknowledges and agrees that any discounts offered under the initial Order Form shall not carry over or pertain to the Renewal Term, unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
One Epos and Customer (each a “Receiving Party”) shall each retain in confidence all information received from the other party (the “Disclosing Party”) pursuant to or in connection with this Agreement, the Products or the Beta Technology, that the Disclosing Party identifies as being proprietary and/or confidential or that, by the nature of the circumstances surrounding the disclosure, ought in good faith to be treated as proprietary and/or confidential (“Confidential Information”), and will make no use of such Confidential Information except as necessary to fulfill their respective obligations under this Agreement. Each party shall treat the terms and conditions of this Agreement as confidential; however, either party may disclose such information in confidence to its legal and financial consultants as required in the ordinary course of that party’s business. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the restrictions set forth above will not apply to
– information previously known to the Receiving Party without reference to the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information,
– information which is or becomes publicly known through no wrongful act of the Receiving Party,
– information that is independently developed by the Receiving Party without reference to the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information, or
– information required to be disclosed pursuant to applicable law by enforceable orders of the court or other governmental authority. The foregoing shall also not prevent One Epos from using Customer Data on an aggregate and deidentified basis. Customer shall ensure that its Users fully comply with the terms of this Section and shall be responsible for any damages suffered by One Epos as a result of a User’s failure to do so.
Customer represents and warrants that currently and throughout the Term
- Customer is fully authorized to enter into this Agreement and that Customer and any Users are fully authorized to utilize the Products,
- Customer and any Users are and will remain in compliance with all One Epos policies, applicable laws and regulations with respect to its and their use of the Products and activities related to this Agreement, including but not limited to fiscal and privacy laws; and
- if Customer or any of its Users imports lists into the Products for the purpose of sending electronic communication (e.g., email, text messages), or otherwise collects electronic addresses for the purpose of sending electronic messages, then Customer warrants that each person on such list has previously opted-in to receive promotional electronic communications from Customer (where applicable) and that the content of such communications by Customer will comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Customer Data and Privacy
- “Customer Data” means any data that Customer or its Users input into the Products for processing in connection with this Agreement, including any personally-identifiable information (“Personal Data”) forming part of such data.
- Customer may select the Personal Data it inputs into the Products at its sole discretion; One Epos has no control over the nature, scope, origin, and/or the means by which Customer acquires Personal Data processed by the Products. One Epos will comply, and will ensure that its personnel comply, with the requirements of applicable privacy laws and regulations governing Customer Personal Data in One Epos’s possession or under its control. Customer is solely responsible for ensuring that it complies with any legal, regulatory or similar restrictions applicable to the types of data Customer elects to process with the Products. Customer remains responsible for properly handling and processing notices regarding Personal Data of Customer’s clients and Users.
- The Products grant Customer the ability to independently backup and archive Customer Data. Accordingly, Customer is responsible for performing regular backups of Customer Data. Nevertheless, One Epos will regularly perform backups of Customer Data stored in the Products. One Epos will assist Customer in recovering and restoring Customer Data to the Products to the extent commercially feasible. Customer understands and agrees that One Epos is not responsible for any loss or corruption of Customer Data or other software.
Customer agrees that any materials that it provides to One Epos, including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, modifications, improvements, original or creative materials or other information regarding One Epos or the Products or the Beta Technology, whether such materials are provided in email, feedback forms, or any other format (the “Feedback”), shall belong exclusively to One Epos, without any requirement to acknowledge or compensate Customer. Customer agrees to assign, and hereby assigns, all right, title, and interest worldwide in the Feedback and the related intellectual property rights to One Epos and agrees to assist One Epos, at One Epos’s expense, in perfecting and enforcing such rights. One Epos may disclose or use Feedback for any purposes whatsoever without any obligation to Customer.
Beta Testing Project
- For evaluation and testing purposes only (“Beta Testing Project”), One Epos may grant Customer a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use certain technology, support services, accessories, and hardware (collectively, the “Beta Technology”). Customer’s participation in a Beta Testing Project is voluntary.
- If Customer agrees to the Beta Testing Project, Customer shall
– test and evaluate the Beta Technology as requested by One Epos,
– familiarize itself with the Beta Technology information provided by One Epos and to only use or test the Beta Technology as directed,
– notify One Epos of any and all functional flaws, errors, anomalies, and problems directly or indirectly associated with the Beta Technology known to, or discovered by Customer,
– respond to any and all reasonable inquiries, questionnaires, and other test documents submitted by One Epos and
– designate to One Epos, in writing, an employee or representative who will serve as the single technical contact and who will be responsible for maintaining communication with One Epos. In addition, Customer agrees to bear all incidental costs (such as, costs for Internet and phone services, accessories, etc.) associated with its testing of the Beta Technology, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by both parties. Customer has the obligation to maintain backups of its own data. Customer agrees and acknowledges that, following termination of the Beta Testing Project, One Epos shall have no obligation to transfer Customer data to any other One Epos product or service, including with respect to final release of the Beta Technology.
- One Epos has no obligation to develop or provide any updates or revisions to the Beta Technology, and One Epos reserves the right to alter or adjust service specifications for the Beta Technology as it deems necessary or desirable. Customer understands and acknowledges that Customer will not, unless otherwise agreed to in writing, receive any payment, compensation or discount for participating in, or for providing any Feedback, comments, evaluations, reports or any other services during a Beta Testing Project. Customer shall maintain backups of its own data. Customer agrees and acknowledges that, following termination of the Beta Testing Project, One Epos shall have no obligation to transfer Customer data to any other One Epos product or service, including with respect to final release of the Beta Technology.
- The Beta Technology provided by One Epos is proprietary to One Epos and/or its licensors. Customer agrees and acknowledges that nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as granting any ownership or intellectual property rights to any Beta Technology, Feedback or Confidential Information. All applicable rights in all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, patents and other intellectual property rights in or associated with the Beta Technology are and will remain in One Epos and Customer shall have no such intellectual property rights in the Beta Technology. Customer will not make, have made, use or sell for any purpose any product or item using, incorporating or derived from any Beta Technology or Confidential Information. Customer may not copy or reproduce the Beta Technology or reverse engineer, alter, modify, disassemble or decompile the Beta Technology, or any part thereof, without One Epos’s prior written consent.
“Third-Party Services” are products, applications, services, software, networks, systems, directories, websites, databases and information from third parties, including from One Epos Payments USA Inc., that one or more Products link to, or which Customer may connect to or enable in conjunction with one or more Products. Customer may decide to enable, access or use any Third-Party Services (as defined above). Customer agrees that access and use of such Third-Party Services shall be governed solely by the terms and conditions of such Third-Party Services, and that One Epos is not responsible or liable for, and makes no representations or warranties as to any aspect of such Third-Party Services, including, without limitation, their content or data practices (including with regards to Customer Data and Personal Data) or any interaction between Customer and the provider of such Third-Party Services, regardless of whether or not such Third-Party Services are provided by a third party that is a member of a One Epos partner program or otherwise designated by One Epos as “certified”, or “approved” by or “integrated” with One Epos. Any use by Customer of Third-Party Services shall be solely between Customer and the applicable third-party provider. Customer irrevocably waives any claim against One Epos with respect to such Third-Party Services. One Epos is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with Customer’s enablement, access or use of any such Third-Party Services, or Customer’s reliance on the privacy practices, data security processes or other policies of such Third-Party Services.
Maintenance Activities and Product Changes
- It may be necessary for One Epos to perform scheduled and/or unscheduled repairs or maintenance, or remotely patch or upgrade the Product. This may temporarily degrade the quality of the services or result in a partial or complete outage of the Product. One Epos will endeavor to carry out such work during times that will cause the least disruption to Customer’s business. Customer shall cooperate, if necessary, to perform such work.
- One Epos may add to, at any time and its full discretion, remove, change or discontinue the Products or any component or version of the Products at any time (the “Product Changes”), which may require Customer to take certain actions including, but not limited to, installing certain patches, fixes or updates, upgrading to a new version of a Product and/or migrating to an alternative Product. Such Changes may be made for reasons including, but not limited to:
– to comply with applicable law or regulation,
– for security reasons,
– due to changes imposed by a third party supplier, and/or
– due to the termination of our relationship with a third party supplier which is material for the provision of the Products.
Termination and Suspension
- In the event of a material breach of this Agreement by either party, the non-breaching party may terminate this Agreement by giving the breaching party written notice specifying the nature of the breach in reasonable detail and the non-breaching party’s intention to terminate (a “Termination Notice”). If the breach has not been cured within the period ending thirty (30) days following delivery of the Termination Notice, then this Agreement shall automatically terminate.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, One Epos reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to terminate this Agreement if Customer violates the license restrictions under Section 3 of the Agreement.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, One Epos may suspend Customer’s access to the Products immediately without notice if One Epos, in its sole discretion, believes:
– such suspension is required by law;
– there is a security or privacy risk to Customer;
– Customer is infringing or violating the rights of third parties, or acting in a manner that is abusive, profane or offensive;
– Customer does not pay its Fees or any invoices in a timely manner; or
– Customer is in breach of any material provision of this Agreement, including its license restrictions or confidentiality obligations. Any suspension of Customer’s access to the Products will not limit or waive One Epos’s rights to terminate this Agreement or Customer’s access to the Products.
- Upon termination of this Agreement, Customer shall discontinue its use of the Product(s). Notwithstanding the foregoing, termination of this Agreement by One Epos shall not limit Customer’s obligation to pay all of the applicable Fees, nor restrict One Epos from pursuing any available remedies, including injunctive relief. Customer agrees that following termination of Customer’s account and/or use of the Product, One Epos may immediately deactivate Customer’s account and delete Customer Data. Customer further agrees that One Epos shall not be liable to Customer nor to any third party for any termination of Customer’s access to the Product or deletion of Customer Data in accordance with this Agreement. Sections discussing license restrictions, Fees and payment, confidentiality, Customer representation, indemnification, and limitation of liability shall survive termination of this Agreement, along with any other provisions that are intended by their terms to survive.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Agreement, should the One Epos Service Agreement be terminated (a) by Customer prior to completion of the Current Term for any reason other than breach by One Epos under Section 13.1, or (b) by One Epos for material breach by Customer under Section 13.1 or 13.2, Customer will be charged an early termination fee calculated as the sum of:
– any non-recurring Fees relating to the terminated Agreement(s) which have not been paid to One Epos as of the effective date of termination; and
– any recurring Fees under the One Epos Service Agreement that would have otherwise become due during the remainder of the Current Term; and
– the difference between the list price (as indicated on our website), and the discounted price (if any) on either software and/or Hardware that the Customer may have received during or pertaining to the Current Term (collectively, the “Early Termination Fee”).
– authorizes One Epos to collect the Early Termination Fee, and any applicable taxes due on such fee, according to the same payment methods and/or accounts for collecting amounts under the Agreement, and
– acknowledges that the Early Termination Fee shall be immediately due and payable in full. The Parties acknowledge and agree that the Early Termination Fee is a genuine and reasonable pre-estimate of the loss and damage suffered by One Epos in the event that the Customer terminates prior to completion of the Current Term and not a penalty.
- Customer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless One Epos and its officers, employees, and agents from and against all losses, expenses, liabilities, damages and costs including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees (collectively “Costs”), to the extent that such Costs are attributable to any breach by Customer or any User, independent contractor, or affiliate thereof, of any representations, warranties or other obligations set forth in this Agreement.
- One Epos shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Customer and its officers, employees, agents andaffiliates from and against all Costs, to the extent such Costs are attributable to the Products infringing or misappropriating any registered third-party intellectual property right, including trademarks, patents and copyrights if One Epos is notified promptly in writing and given authority, information, and assistance for the defense or settlement of any related proceeding.
Assignment and Subcontractors
Customer may not assign any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without One Epos’s prior written consent. One Epos may, without Customer’s prior consent, assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement. Subject to the foregoing, the provisions of this Agreement shall be binding on and inure to the benefit not only of the parties hereto but also to their successors and permitted assigns. One Epos shall be free to perform all or any part of this Agreement through one or more subcontractors.
Governing Law, Venue, Arbitration and Attorneys’ Fees
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the applicable jurisdiction indicated in Section III below. In the event of any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach or interpretation thereof, the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the applicable courts indicated in Section III below. Each party hereby waives all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum nonconveniens in connection with any action brought in the foregoing courts. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding brought under this Agreement shall be entitled to recover from the other party, in addition to all other relief, its reasonable attorneys’ and other experts’ fees and expenses incurred with respect to such action or proceeding.
- Any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract or tort, pursuant to statute or regulation, or otherwise, and whether pre-existing, present or future) arising out of or relating to: (i) this Agreement; (ii) the Products, services or equipment provided by One Epos; (iii) oral or written statements, or advertisements or promotions relating to this Agreement or to the Products, services or equipment; or (iv) the relationships that result from this Agreement (collectively the “Claim”) will be determined by arbitration to the exclusion of the courts. Arbitration will be conducted by one arbitrator pursuant to the laws and rules relating to commercial arbitration in the jurisdiction indicated in Section III below that are in effect on the date of the notice.
- Customer agrees to waive any right Customer may have to commence or participate in any class action or representative proceeding against One Epos related to any Claim and, where applicable, Customer also agrees to opt out of any class or representative proceedings against One Epos.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions, (i) each party retains the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights; and (ii) One Epos reserves the right to collect any outstanding amounts that Customer owes to One Epos in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- If one or more of the provisions of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unaffected.
- One Epos may provide any and all notices, statements and other communications to Customer through either email, posting on its website, an in-product message, or by mail or express delivery service. During the term of this Agreement, Customer grants One Epos a free license to use, reference and display the Customer’s name and trademarks in any communications, including publications, press releases, stories, websites, social media posts, and public filings in connection with the promotion, marketing, distribution and public disclosure of the One Epos brand, activity and Products (collectively, the “Materials”). Following the termination of this Agreement, One Epos shall have sixty (60) days to remove all Customer’s name and trademarks from the Materials.
- Neither party shall be deemed in default or otherwise liable for any delay in or failure of its performance under this Agreement (other than Customer’s payment obligations) by reason of any act of God, fire, natural disaster, accident, act of government, shortage of materials, failure of transportation or communication or of suppliers of goods or services, or any other cause to the extent it is beyond the reasonable control of such party.
- In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the terms of the Agreement and the terms of the Order Form, the terms of the Order Form shall govern.
- One Epos reserves the right, at any time and upon thirty (30) days’ written notice, to amend this Agreement, including making changes to the Fees and scope of the Products.
- Customer has reviewed, understood and accepted the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and has either consulted with legal counsel prior to executing this Agreement or has knowingly forgone its right to consult with legal counsel prior to such execution.
- The parties acknowledge that they require that this Agreement be drawn up in the English language, that the English language version prevails and that any translation is for information purposes only.
Governing Law and Contracting Entity
Depending on the Products you have subscribed to and your location, you may be contracting with One Epos Commerce Inc. or one of our affiliates. Please consult the table below to understand with which entity you are contracting, as well as the governing law applicable to this Agreement.